Technical Implementation Specialist - Enterprise Technology - Singapore
Posted Jun 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 91770
Who we are:
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology (ETEC) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation and certification of these workflows and connections that support virtually all Bloomberg Enterprise products.
Ranging from clients who opt to self-implement to clients who choose to code against our published specifications to automate their workflows, we provide strong technical expertise to ensure they build their setups appropriately.
System-to-System automation is becoming increasingly important in the capital markets and our technical implementation teams ensure customers do it accurately whilst meeting regulatory requirements. Our implementation team work with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, ATS venues and more. We also ensure optimal performance through close internal collaboration with the Bloomberg Product team, Network Operations, and Engineering.
We are results-oriented and set ourselves ambitious business goals to be the best in Enterprise Technology business for our clients. We cultivate a culture where you will work with people you trust and respect. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
What do we do?
Enterprise Technology is trusted for the design, test and delivery of connections for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy and sell side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
The Technical Implementation team establishes and certifies connections between our clients and Bloomberg's world-class applications. The team works closely with clients to have setups implemented in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet production timelines and be regulatory compliant. As our team supports many business lines across Bloomberg firm, and deal with many different technologies and protocols. Typical client engagements can include the use of real-time XML and FIX messaging, batch based processes, SWIFT messaging and other protocols as well as MQ, TCP/IP, SFTP and Web API’s. The team will manage these onboarding projects and help in certifying clients against the ever-evolving workflows across a variety of technical protocols.
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, great passion about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. You are naturally curious, a strong problem solver and do not shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a member of a team where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
We’ll trust you to:
- Configure, Integrate, Test and Lead Implementation projects working alongside various internal teams and client
- Liaise with Product, Engineering and Sales team to understand and resolve Implementation issues
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience; assisting clients to move from project implementation to production support
- Proactively improve processes, best practices and enhance efficiency in onboarding setups and connections
- Manage projects in a timely and efficient manner to meet production go live dates and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and be open and adaptable to rapid changes
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrate ability to drive successful engagements with customers independently and communicate at all levels of business with strong written and oral English skills
- A computer science background with experience of financial markets, trading systems or market connectivity across various asset classes (E.g. Equities/Derivatives/FX/Fixed Income)
- Experience in some or all of the following messaging/communication protocols, FIX, SFTP, MQ, Web API
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and commands
We’d love to see:
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- A technology background, with programming / scripting experience
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies e.g. AWS, Azure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.