Telecoms Project Manager - Singapore
Posted Oct 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 79250
The Bloomberg Networks Communications team oversees the procurement, design and delivery of telecommunication services for Bloomberg and its customers. We're responsible for Telecom Service Provider relationships to design, order and support over 20,000 unique connections globally. We work collaboratively with our Network Operations team and Implementation Specialist team to design and order connectivity for Bloomberg and our customers.
Once installed, we support our existing connectivity through active management of Service Providers when challenges arise. This includes leading escalation calls, design reviews and having an understanding of domestic, submarine and terrestrial cable routes. We're also involved in proof-of-concept product and design testing with our Network Engineering team, the design and support of Bloomberg data centers, invoice approvals and network audits.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a proactive representative to manage our Telecommunications Service Providers and daily implementations. You will be accountable for the full lifecycle of the telecommunications implementation process including pricing, design, order management, testing and service improvement. You'll also be the escalation resource for post implementation support, working closely with internal/external partners, assessing/understanding our clients' needs, adhering to project methodologies and effectively balancing/organizing resources.
In addition to overseeing local access circuit delivery, understanding the physical design, routing and diversity requirements needed to build a resilient WAN network is critical. You will be tendering and designing core connectivity to ensure network continuity is maintained in the event of multiple circuit outages.
You will be part of a remote team, working with peers across our APAC & global offices, which means you will need to act autonomously while being proactive in reaching out for support.
We'll trust you to:
- Use your deep understanding of Telecommunication Carrier Networks and their various connectivity methods to conduct complex installations and conversions, collaborating regularly with our Telco Service Providers on all levels
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all telco implementation and design questions, such as leading conference calls with internal/external customers
- Maintain multiple queues at a time, providing clear written updates to internal/external clients
- Demonstrate firm knowledge via documentation/implementation of effective vendor oversight processes
- Arrange, prepare and present statistical data for service delivery meetings on a monthly/quarterly basis to manage vendor performance
- Run operationally excellent effective vendor governance structures, maintaining a holistic view of the provider(s) and effective communication for decision-making
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years Telecommunication industry experience or data center infrastructure experience; Familiarity with MPLS carrier Ethernet Networks, Switched Networks TDM, Cross Connects, Wave, Voice (PRI/SIP/POTS), and other industry trends
- Project management experience, including pre project coordination – the ability to autonomously lead projects is key to succeeding in this role.
- Vendor management experience – setting clear expectations supported by SLAs & performance management
- Business level proficiency in Mandarin
- Strong customer focus and the ability to establish clear expectations through all methods of communication (email, phone, chat, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- Experience with various types of relationships and the ability to communicate with senior leadership
- Experience in reviewing and approving invoices
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Google KMZ and Microsoft Visio – this includes the ability to build Visio Diagrams and interpret Google KMZ files
- Ability to work within a remote team and management structure, taking ownership of your area of coverage
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of the OSI Model networking, specifically Layer 1-3
- Data analysis skill sets and familiarity work with analytic tools e.g. Qlik
- Certifications including but not limited to PMP, ITIL, MEF CECP, Six Sigma
- Leadership experience in current or past roles
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.