Video Editor, Singapore
Posted Jul 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 117892
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to New Economy Forum.
We are hiring for a video editor to join Bloomberg Media’s newsroom on the Multimedia Desk in Singapore. This team is represented in the global newsroom with colleagues in London, Hong Kong, Dubai and New York. This team works alongside the Global Newsdesk and TV Assignment Desk on assignments and deliverables. The work for this team is distributed across all Bloomberg platforms including the Bloomberg Terminal, broadcast television, digital and social platforms. Most assignments are under a tight deadline and would be prepared in a fast clipping model for breaking news or quick timeline for produced packages. There is also opportunity to work on long form projects as needed.
This role will require flexible hours to accommodate global production schedules and news events.
We’ll trust you to:
- Create video elements that include but not limited to: multicam interviews, interviews with translations, digital first content, long form editing - interviews/special programming
- Handle breaking news workflows in a quick, concise and accurate timeline. It’s the main part of the business for cross-platform news.
- Be organized and follow best practices for media storage and project organization
- Be proactive - pitch ideas, be creative, bring your expertise to the table and elevate our content
- Be diligent in sourcing content and creating elements for your work, we have an extensive internal library of video and images as well as multiple sources to obtain content from.
- Ability to create and modify template graphics such as headshots, charts and maps
- Have the ability to take a project from concept to completion while working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Deliver your content to multiple destinations, be familiar with various digital platforms and metadata requirements that are crucial for digital success
- Be on top of industry trends in video, animation and editing styles throughout digital media
- Be highly motivated, accurate and detail oriented in your work
- Have strong communication skills and collaborate across the newsroom with producers, assignment desk editors, journalists and other content creators.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree equivalent qualifications
- At least 3 years of newsroom experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience editing videos including but not limited to interviews, multicam editing
- Experience working with cloud based editing tools including but not limited to Blackbird
- Strong news judgment to be able to produce clips for digital and social platforms, including writing headlines and social language and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Create video and graphics that include but not limited to: VOs (video overlays), SOTs (soundbites), produced opens, graphic templated headshots, charts, full screens
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.