Virtual Event QA Specialist - Singapore (6 Month Contract)
Posted Dec 23, 2020 - Requisition No. 87914
Bloomberg is where data, people and ideas intersect. Data fuels global financial markets, informs important decisions, and is central to everything we do. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for.
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize opportunities and create impactful, innovative solutions. We deliver integrated and disruptive multi-disciplinary programs that capture attention and drive reactions. We use our wealth of data on the markets and our target audiences to inform decisions linked to measurable results.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal stakeholders globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
Bloomberg is looking for a virtual event quality assurance specialist to join the Global Event Team. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of QA tasks across Bloomberg’s global virtual and hybrid event portfolio to ensure alignment with best practices and technical requirements. The QA Specialist will be tasked with the execution of integration, system and regression testing of Bloomberg’s core group of virtual event platforms and their integrations with the Bloomberg Terminal.
Reporting to the Head of Event Technology, this role will support events across all of Bloomberg’s business verticals and will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Bloomberg’s event marketing integrations.
We will trust you to:
- Work with the event technology team to understand global event requirements and best practices to produce test plans, and/or procedures to determine event quality and readiness.
- Review and test the following areas of virtual events ahead of the live event:
- Document platform and integration issues and assist in the development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while testing.
- Perform test execution, take care of initial debugging procedures and capture results.
- Assess internal and external stakeholder feedback and prioritize based on the type of issue and event deadlines.
- Write clear and effective bug and issue reports tracked via Jira and Confluence
- Communicate with the global event technology team to identify any recurring issues and inform product enhancements and best practices.
- Support regional virtual event support technicians as necessary to ensure the successful execution of events.
- Actively participate and contribute in strategy meetings to shape the evolution of the virtual event program.
* Event creation and data input
* Template selection and adherence to language and brand style guides
* Integration touchpoints with the Bloomberg Terminal and other systems
* Overall adherence to requirements and best practices based on event category and platform.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years working in a relevant space
- Firsthand experience with virtual event platforms a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively with internal stakeholders to provide topline, best-in-class support services.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large, fast-paced, and unpredictable environment.
- Capacity to review multiple events at the same time, pivoting quickly as priorities shift.
- Tech savvy: You always have your finger pulse of latest technology & competitive trends.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.