Paper Packaging Pricing Analyst - Remote
Posted Jul 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 105953
Green Markets, a Bloomberg Company, offers an exciting opportunity for a Paper Packaging Pricing Analyst to join a growing market research team.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
For over 40 years, Green Markets has improved the performance of companies across commodity product value chains. By creating market transparency, Green Markets enables professionals to make more informed decisions and improve company performance.
Green Markets has recently expanded its industry coverage to include Paper Packaging. Through a new market report, the business will provide detailed insight on pricing trends and market conditions. The new product will be offered for sale to market participants including traders, brokers, hydrogen manufacturers and product end-users.
The Paper Packaging Pricing Analyst continually develops and manages a network of industry participants representing buyers, sellers, and market intermediaries. Following specific guidelines, the analyst regularly engages with and gathers data from market participants to develop proprietary price assessments for key product and regional markets.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to develop a strong network within the Paper Packaging industry to undertake price discovery and ascertain market developments. The role requires communicating with market participants on the buy and sell side, learning/knowing/uncovering market trends and developments, and synthesizing this information to develop proprietary pricing intelligence to be used across Paper Packaging markets by a variety of constituents.
You will be responsible for sourcing market sentiment information, reacting to feedback from clients and company stakeholders, and managing ad-hoc projects that are part of the overall product strategy. Your knowledge will also play a central part in the marketing of any product launch.
This position is offered as remote-located, or can be located at any Bloomberg office location in the U.S.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain and continually develop and improve a proprietary paper packaging price and market sentiment source network
- Work within a pricing discovery process provided to you by Bloomberg that includes:
- Operate within established ethical and procedural guidelines, as provided
- Obtain current market prices and market sentiment narrative for indicated paper products and regional markets
- Produce regular off-terminal market reports on a predetermined schedule following established processes
- Develop a high-level functional supply and demand database of paper packing product categories to be determined
- Produce and continually develop paper packaging Commodity Primer(s) following predetermined structures and processes
- Continually produce and publish thematic Bits following predetermined structures and processes. Other projects and deliverables to be determined and the role develops
- 3+ years of professional experience in analyzing, buying or selling paper packaging products in the U.S.
- Credible contacts in the U.S. paper packaging market and/or a strong understanding of the companies operating in this industry
- Superlative communication, interpersonal, networking and relationship development skills
- Analytical and information gathering skills combined with the ability to develop conclusions on market pricing trends
- BS degree minimum
- Ability to work remotely
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
Use of salesforce automation software that simplifies and organizes network development; provides activity tracking using established methods and best practices
Use of a source and pricing data tracking tool to organize data and provide transparency of network/source feedback
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.