The Bloomberg Network Operations team is responsible for managing and supporting one of the largest private networks in the world. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support and development of Bloomberg’s Network Infrastructure, which is integral to the success of the company. You will be required to work as part of a small team based at Slough, that ensures our customers have 24/7 access to the Network in order for them to run their business successfully. You will provide reactive support to Infrastructure issues as well as proactive project work to ensure the Bloomberg network maintains its position at the leading edge of network design and low latency delivery of data to our customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide Installation, maintenance and support of Network Hardware in a Data Centre environment, from a variety of vendors including Juniper, Cisco, Linux, HP & IBM
- Manage Data Centre projects, capacity planning to include moves, changes and additions.
- Adhere to strict deadlines, including the administration of internal ticketing systems and Databases.
- Demonstrate high levels of passion and enthusiasm when providing Support to all customers and co-workers.
- Be able to communicate at different levels, as well as being able to remain calm under pressure and be flexible in your approach.
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in English both verbal and written
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical Degree, or similar, Industry Standard Data Centre build and design fundamentals (e.g. CDCTP/CDCMP)
- The Ability to work effectively in a fast paced innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency, and decisiveness
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex network issues
We’d love to see:
- Software programming, scripting and reporting
- Networking or Server qualifications (e.g. CCNA or Unix), or relevant work experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.