Breaking News Editor - Stockholm
Posted Jun 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 75751
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about financial markets, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead.
You are a passionate and focused journalist who thrives under the pressure of real-time demands and is driven by the need to be first in reporting news that moves markets. You'll join a team of breaking news reporters covering Western Europe to spot and report key news, from sources including but not limited to social media, regulatory filings or company statements. You'll also cover local events in Sweden, focusing on corporate news.
We'll trust you to:
- Make smart, fast and decisive judgement calls on topics including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
- Collaborate with different bureaus and teams across Bloomberg News to deliver this-just-in news to the terminal client
- Be up to date on major news stories and trends that matter to financial and business clients
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in producing copy under short deadline pressure
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
- Fluency in English and Swedish
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in reading languages other than English and Swedish, including but not limited to German, French, Dutch, Italian or Mandarin
- Familiarity with, or curiosity about automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.