2023 Bloomberg Academy Program - Sydney
Posted Jan 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 113566
Bloomberg Academy in Sydney is an outstanding 3.5 day personal and professional development program for high potential female University students who are interested in a career in the financial markets. During the program, you’ll also have a chance to meet and hear from our recent graduates to learn about what we do here and how to apply for our graduate and internship opportunities.
Bloomberg is the market leader in providing high-quality data, news and analytics to professionals in business, finance and government. With over 17,000 employees in 192 locations around the world we are a truly global organization entering new markets, launching ventures and pushing boundaries. The transparency Bloomberg brings to the financial markets is integral to our culture, our offices and our interactions with one another.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn all about our company, our unique culture and the different opportunities in store for you!
What’s in it for you?
You will be exposed to a wide array of topics, people and activities. You will cover everything from financial instruments to Terminal functionality, public speaking skills and more! You will learn from some of the best instructors in the industry and know how to apply this knowledge in a practical, fast-paced business environment. As you find out about our future graduate opportunities and internships, you will qualify for early interviews if you successfully complete the Bloomberg Academy.
Dates:?11 April - 14 April 2023 - You will need to?be available for the full duration?to be considered
Venue:?Sydney Office (If you reside outside Sydney or live outside of commutable areas, we will provide flights /or trains as well as accommodation for the duration of the program)
- Introduction to Bloomberg & various entry-level departments
- Introduction to Financial markets incorporating the Bloomberg terminal
- Introduction to Bloomberg Philanthropies and Volunteering work!
- Practical workshops on interview skills, including mock interviews with Bloomberg Leaders
- Develop public speaking skills and learn how to enhance your personal brand
- Develop presentation skills
- E-learning: Free Access to Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC), which is usually available for $149 USD. This is a 10-hour self-paced course that provides a visual introduction to the financial markets; Economics, --Currencies, Fixed Income and Equities — woven together from Bloomberg data, news, analytics and television
- Get an overview of our Internship programs for Analytics & Sales at Bloomberg
- Completing this program will give you an opportunity to interview for 2024 Bloomberg Summer Internship for Analytics & Sales or 2023 or 2024 Graduate Roles at Analytics & Sales
You’ll need to be/ to have:
- A female student graduating in 2023, 2024 or 2025 and available for the full duration of the Academy program
- Legal authorization to work full time in Australia required
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Students from all degree disciplines are welcome to apply
CV/Cover Letter Screening
Pre-recorded Video Interview
Applications must be made online by 10th March, 2023 and early applications are strongly encouraged!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email apac_recruit@bloomberg.