Analyst/Consultant - Special Projects - Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) - Sydney
Posted Oct 2, 2018 - Requisition No. 71035
Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Global Special Projects research team, based in Sydney. The successful individual will join a high performing team that forms BNEF's views on some of the biggest opportunities and challenges in the low carbon transition. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our experts around the world and publish influential research about long-term, high-impact problems. The role will initially focus on researching the hydrogen economy, but future topics will vary widely. The role will initially commence on a 6 month contract, with ongoing employment likely to be offered.
Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities. With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies. Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on technology, economics and policy in the energy, transport and industrial sectors
- Investigate topics such as the hydrogen economy, deep decarbonisation, climate policy, electricity networks, decarbonizing steel and cement making, and assessing game changing new technologies
- Do quantitative analysis, modelling and forecasting
- Research policies, regulations and company activities
- Gather and organise data sets
- Conduct interviews with in-house experts, the academic community, industry figures and BNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Write insightful research on the topics covered
We'll need you to:
- Have a background in science, economics, engineering or another analytical discipline with outstanding academic results (top 10% of class). Masters, double degrees, MBAs and PhDs will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the transition to a low carbon economy
- Be able to think critically, analytically and creatively
- Have strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- Have outstanding communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Written and spoken English must be of a native standard
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and a sharp attention for detail
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Have a valid visa to work in Australia
- Be able to start in December 2018
We would love you to have:
- Entry level experience as a consultant, analyst, economist or engineer in the energy, transport, manufacturing, banking, management consulting or government sectors
- Knowledge or experience in the hydrogen industry
- Additional language skills
Applications should include:
- Current resume
- University transcripts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.