Analytics – Team Leader - Sydney
Posted Sep 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 68705
What's the role?
In our Analytics department, we aim to enhance the Bloomberg terminal experience. We respond to our client's queries with quick and accurate solutions. We proactively identify and position undiscovered features of the terminal that have been developed with that user in mind. Our prestigious service levels are driven and exemplified by our management team.
We are looking for a new Team Leader to join our management team. They would be responsible for developing our people and our business, ultimately driving an expansion of the Analytics service model. In order to be successful in the role, it is critical to have an enthusiasm for strategy, driving results and developing our future talent.
The Analytics Team Leader role is multi-faceted. On a day to day basis, Team Leaders will be responsible for the direct management of their team members. This encompasses operational oversight, as well as a direct involvement in their professional development. Team Leaders will be expected to contribute to the effective running of the department i.e. ensuring coverage across all product areas and providing a point of escalation for our clients. They will service our clients directly by providing solutions in strategic and sensitive areas such as calls to new users and API limit breaches. Furthermore, the role entails a strategic involvement in key initiatives such as usage calling campaigns, training and departmental workforce planning.
We trust you to:
- Manage a team of 10+ reps and ensure quality service of the highest standard is provided to our customers. The TL shall lead by example in advocating the importance of customer service, and guide reps accordingly.
- Develop each team member's knowledge, skills, and talents through careful coaching and constructive feedback, establishing the foundation for a successful career at BBG.
- Foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Learn the next generation technology and vast infrastructure of the “ADSK” system, and effectively monitor queue traffic as well as answer Help Desk inquiries from clients
- Collaborate closely with other offices (HK/MU/BJG/LO in particular) to drive projects and maintain a cross-regional operation.
- Participate in candidate interviews, recruitment events, and internal hiring discussions, getting closely involved with the hiring process.
- Have existing strong relationships with aligned Sales team(s) and Sales TL, and support any existing user activities where necessary.
You need to have:
- Institutional Sales experience and client service exposure at a financial institution or financial vendors
- Advanced knowledge of Bloomberg products offering (hands-on experience is mandatory)
- Strong knowledge of Bloomberg terminal functions related to Equity, Fixed Income, or FX/Commodities
- Applicants must have full working rights in Australia as Bloomberg is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.