Asia FX/Rates Reporter
Posted Mar 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 74151
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
We're seeking a reporter to join our currency and rates team in Asia Pacific, covering the macro picture through markets. You're a proven journalist able to write clearly under real-time deadlines, develop sources, and offer compelling story ideas.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and tap a broad network of market players for insights
- Deliver concise stories under deadlines that explain market flows and analyze trends
- Generate and craft stories that capture the elements of "what's happening and why" and "what it means" against the backdrop of local developments as well as in the context of global macroeconomic and political trends
- Tap Bloomberg data and analytics to tell visually appealing stories
- Collaborate across the newsroom
You'll need to have:
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure in a real-time environment that's often measured in minutes and seconds
- Strong English writing skills and ability to develop and maintain sources
- Experience reporting on markets and/or in a comparable industry role
- Collaborative team spirit, the drive to innovate and a strong work ethic
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.