Bloomberg NEF Team Leader - Metals
Posted Nov 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 71805
What's the role?
We are seeking a Team Leader for our new Metals team. On any given day you'll lead a small group that produces primary research and analysis on technology, economic and policy drivers affecting these industries/markets.
You will collaborate extensively with BNEF teams located in a dozen offices globally, and liaise closely with analysts charged with data collection vital to BNEF clients. You'll work with Bloomberg staff outside of BNEF, particularly those on the commercial teams. And you will work collaboratively with those from the core Bloomberg Terminal business to find ways BNEF research can serve Terminal clients and help Terminal sales.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as BNEF’s senior voice for the team's focus area, to clients, potential clients, the media, public-policy leaders, and others.
- Play a critical role in determining BNEF’s overall business strategy and research agenda by giving input to management and the commercial team.
- Provide key inputs on BNEF’s long-term forecasts, as well as other key cross-company projects.
- Edit all BNEF research produced on the team's topic and ensure it is of extraordinary quality.
- Write insightful, important research that informs BNEF clients worldwide while affirming the BNEF brand
- Present BNEF research in public settings, such as conferences and webinars regularly
- Answer client requests and supporting business development through client interactions
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of talented analysts while maintaining esprit de corps among the group
You'll need to have:
- Previous experience in a similar role/industry research.
- A deep understanding of the relevant industry, particularly around materials, metals, commodities or digitalization. This includes a working knowledge of technologies, economics and finance.
- Excellent quantitative skills, significant experience using Excel and comfort using large datasets and models
- A demonstrated ability to retrieve key information both through digital resources but also through direct personal contacts
- Substantial experience articulating ideas in writing and verbally to a range of audiences with fluency in English
- Prior experience in mentorship and/or development of others and/or management of a small team
- Comprehensive experience of building relationships
We'd love to see:
- A graduate degree in management, international affairs, or energy-related topics
- Creative and flexible approach to people and project management
- Excellent client facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg NEF is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities. With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies.Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!