Breaking News Editor - Sydney
Posted Sep 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 70632
You're a news junkie who loves breaking news. You embrace challenges, have solid judgement, can make split-second decisions, works well with others and thrive in a real-time environment. Our team is lightning fast, innovative and uses our collective experience to anticipate where and how news will break next. If that sounds like you, we want you to join our Breaking News team in Sydney.
We'll trust you to:
- Unearth news breaking on traditional and new-media sources and recognise news that is significant to the markets
- Write potentially market-moving headlines and the first version of stories that explain the 'why' in addition to the `what'
- Collaborate with global bureaus and teams across Bloomberg to deliver this-just-in-news across all platforms
- Utilize automation and machine learning tools to ensure Bloomberg remains on the cusp of breaking news
- Provide on-the-spot decisions on topics including M&A, IPOs, earnings, government and other global events
- Work with stakeholders across Bloomberg to conceive, develop and disseminate tools and best practices across teams and regions
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- An understanding of global markets, economics, politics and finance
- The ability to write and edit clearly and quickly under deadline pressure
- Experience working in a real-time news environment preferred
- A robust knowledge of social media and appreciation of how news breaks on various platforms
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of additional Asian languages preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.