Deals Reporter - Sydney
Posted Mar 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74078
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to join the Deals team in Sydney. We're looking for a dedicated news breaker and team player who can work with colleagues across the newsroom to generate scoops on the most important transactions out of Australia.
We're looking for someone with the drive and skill to build a deep bench of contacts in the Australian dealmaking world. You'll be joining a strong team that's focused on breaking the biggest news on a competitive, high-profile beat.
We'll depend on you to generate exclusives on the deals our local readers care about, while collaborating with colleagues across the world and putting your exclusive stories in a global context. Knowledge of financial markets is essential, as is the ability to handle sensitive, market-moving information with confidential sources.
We'll trust you to:
- Build up a wide network of contacts to help you break the biggest M&A and ECM scoops
- Deliver accurate, market-moving stories based on reliable sourcing
- Generate intriguing analysis and feature stories
- Work well in a team environment, collaborating with reporters across the deals team and other parts of the newsroom
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in business reporting, especially related to deals
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- A collaborative team spirit
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.