Diversity and Inclusion Partner APAC - Based in Hong Kong/Singapore
Posted Jul 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 83950
Who We Are:
Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to create a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures.
As our global client base becomes increasingly diverse, our focus on diversity and inclusion helps us stay attuned to our clients’ rich and varied cultures, norms and business practices.
What We Do:
We’re thought-leaders and change-agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent. We ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to enhance our inclusive workplace. Whether it's by committing to challenge the way we think and act around culture and ethnicity in the workplace, leading progressive conversations on LGBTQI+ and mental health topics, embedding diversity into our products like the gender diversity index or many other impactful initiatives, we consistently strive to maintain an inclusive environment.
What's the role?
Bloomberg's Diversity and Inclusion team is looking for a Diversity Specialist to help advance the company’s global D&I initiative, and to serve as a thought partner and leader on the strategy and vision for diversity and inclusion in the business. We’re seeking an experienced, creative and ambitious individual who can help to design, drive and deliver strategic D&I initiatives.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Provide thought leadership, advice, coaching, design solutions and consultation to HRBP’s, business leaders, D&I champions and the business D&I task force
- Analyze data trends, define and assess key business critical metrics and deliverable, short and long term
- Works collaboratively across HR, Talent development and the Recruiting team to develop innovative strategies and programs
- Ensures business alignment with enterprise wide and regional strategies
- Co-develop the strategy and vision for D&I in the business, providing guidance and consultation to HR partners, business leaders, managers, and employees
- Analyze employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers, and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory and policy developments affecting Diversity & Inclusion across the region
- Represent D&I and Bloomberg overall through internal and external events
- Manage multiple projects following a matrix model, driving successful outcomes
You'll need to have:
- Solid experience in diversity and inclusion, with strategic and operational experience delivering D&I initiatives in partnership with a business
- The ability to drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with a strong client focus and outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
- Current experience in the design and execution of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives
- Exceptional communication, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyses into meaningful recommendations
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Power Point and Excel
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in technology or providing D&I partnership to a technology client group
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.