Enterprise Data - Support Specialist - Sydney
Posted Jul 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 76344
Bloomberg Enterprise Data helps meet our clients current challenges and prepares them for future developments with reliable, consistent data that flows across your enterprise. Regardless of the application or context, financial firms' worldwide place their confidence in Bloomberg to meet there real-time, reference, evaluated or regulatory data needs through our suite of diverse products.
The Enterprise data Support Teams are responsible for ensuring the client experience from pre-sales through implementation and into a production state for clients.
What's the role?
You're a calm, knowledgeable strength in a dynamic, volatile market. You're an experienced professional ready to join an exciting environment focused on delivering the highest level of client satisfaction. You'll provide global technical support directly to our clients of both real-time and static data ES product suite: B-Pipe, B-Pipe Feed Adaptor, Server API, Platform services (real-time local & global Pub/Sub & Data Contributions services), as well as static Reference Data License services.
Working as part of an effective, triage function within the ES Support structure, you'll quickly and accurately identify the specific area of where the problem may reside and to then efficiently route the issue to the next level internally, with detailed & meaningful diagnostic & troubleshooting information to help speed up the resolution or identify root cause.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with market data technical contacts at client firms to help resolve & prevent technical issues that may impact the client side Bloomberg Enterprise Real-Time infrastructure & services within their production systems
- Handle critical issues to internal Bloomberg groups such as Network Operations, Global Data team, Data Feed teams, Enterprise Implementation and Engineering Identify methods to triage or solve technical problems affecting the B-PIPE, Server API and Data License products
- To work confidently within a team as well as to work independently and embrace opportunities to demonstrate initiative
- Take ownership of technical requests & raised technical issues reported by clients and provide direct technical support for all related ES Products & Services using telephone, ticket systems & email, and, if necessary, actually in person on client site visits.
- Manage time appropriately to prioritize assigned workload, bring up issues to next level according to product line procedures & management if required.
- Actively perform troubleshooting steps to recreate reported customer issues on internal, client simulated & test system environments OR by actually carrying out diagnostic work on actual client's own test/UAT systems. Analyse usage and log reports
- Maintain and actively use internal test environments & test tools for immediate technical recreation test work for both B-Pipe API use, Platform use and other ES product use.
- Understand and accurately document complex product questions; figure out appropriate process to progress the issue to resolution with the relevant internal teams (Engineering, Product Management, Feeds Teams, Entitlements Management, etc).
- Promote the use of customer self-support tools by demonstrating functionality and effectiveness to customers wherever applicable.
You'll need to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to context switch; handling multiple clients with ownership, thoughtfulness and being extremely thorough
- 3 to 5 years Technical or Data support experience, ideally in a market data vendor, or within a bank / large financial institution
- Good knowledge of FTP sites for data use and/or experience in real-time consolidated financial market data feed products
- Outstanding customer service, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork attitude whilst equally confident in making decisions independently
We'd love to see:
- Willingness to learn new products and technology
- Past leadership experience
- Ability to confidently lead projects and complex client issues to logical conclusion
- Experience in problem solving technical network technology troubleshooting. (TCP/IP knowledge is essential, along with understanding network topologies, Wan/Lan technologies, switches, routing, firewall, FTP, etc)
- Some knowledge of Unix / Linux systems, with ability to analyse large log file systems
- Experience of industry standard Market Data Real-Time Enterprise Technologies, eg RMDS, TREP, Wombat, SR-LABS etc
- Fluency in an Asian language would be advantageous
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.