Enterprise Technology Solutions - Pre-Sales Technology Engineer - Sydney
Posted Apr 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 102419
Who we are:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
Bloomberg's Enterprise Technology business is responsible for developing custom system integration solutions between client/vendor systems and Bloomberg product offerings. The business continues to see rapid growth with a high demand from clients wishing to use our technical products and services for Enterprise Integration, Technical Delivery and Automated work-flow design. Typical pre-sales can include the use of a variety of different technologies, including but not limited to web services, real-time XML, SWIFT and FIX messaging and batch file transfers between systems. We allow capital market clients to outsource their technology needs to Bloomberg in order to design and support their automated workflows.
What's the role?
As a Pre-Sales Technology Engineer, you will be tasked to strengthen and grow our business within the APAC region. You'll join our global team, responsible for technical strategy, consultation, multi-product workflow design and assisting traditional sales teams to engage with technology teams within Bloomberg's client base. Additionally, you will help to drive the direction of our products, collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions.
You should be very familiar with Messaging, FIX, iPaaS/Middleware and Web API technologies including the merits and demerits of each. While we require some level of programming experience, solution implementation and setting up infrastructure are not part of the role requirements. This role will interface internally with colleagues in a variety of different sales teams within Bloomberg. Get ready to demonstrate credibility with a shown competency and knowledge of technology driving the capital markets industry.
In addition, you should have a good understanding of sell-side and buy-side workflows, including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with Account Management in our sell-side and buy-side businesses to further multi-product technical engagements and help drive new business with our existing client base and prospecting new clients
- Develop and manage key customer relationships with technical decision makers and other key individuals with influence to maximize sales opportunities
- Coordinate the full enterprise sales process across a variety of different business units
- Respond to RFP's, building Statements of Work (SOW) and crafting formal sales proposals
- Understand technology, competitors or alternatives and successfully position our products’ advantages
- A technology background, with 5 years+ experience across: FIX, XML, Messaging (MQ / Tibco / MSMQ / Sonic / JMS), Web API’s, Data Transformation
- Experience with programming/scripting
- Capital Markets knowledge with basic understanding of buy & sell-side order management workflows
- Solid understanding of the trading technologies used in the capital markets industry
- Highly proactive approach and confidence in sales approach and strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English to support client in APAC, with a focus on Australia and New Zealand client groups.
You'll need to have:
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.