Mortgages Analyst - Sydney
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights. Your friends all know you as someone with a true interest in technology, who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
The Global Data Mortgages team in Sydney is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in data management and knowledge of financial markets to oversee Structured Finance-related data and content on the Bloomberg Terminal.
We will trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate quality data on Residential and Commercial Mortgaged-Backed securities, Credit card receivables, corporate and Auto loans securitizations and other Structured Finance products for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Support cash flows modelling and collateral surveillance for Structured finance transactions across Asia, with a focus on Australia market
- Provide outstanding customer service through our world-renowned client support help desk and in-person with clients
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive training giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, various data sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of the Structured Finance sector
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance
- Make a true business impact on our products and clients – our data moves markets!
- Real potential for exciting and varied career progression
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Interest in, and knowledge or experience of financial markets
- Genuine interest in learning and understanding the Structured Finance products market
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Citizenship or permanent residency of Australia or New Zealand
- Available to start immediately
We'd love you to have:
- Experience in Fixed Income securities analysis
- Technical skills such as VBA, SQL, Python
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering
- Fluency in Mandarin, Japanese or Korean is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.