Head of APAC Campus Recruitment - Based in Hong Kong / Singapore
Posted Jan 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 88302
At Bloomberg, we are passionate about hiring dynamic and innovative individuals to build out our growing business. We operate in a high pressure, fast paced environment, and are dedicated to hiring the best people for our teams.
Do you want to be the face of Bloomberg across college campuses? Does the idea of recruiting top talent excite you? Is providing a superior candidate experience always at the front of your mind?
We need someone who can create and lead a sophisticated strategy, take initiative, and think out of the box about the future workforce of our company. You will join a strategic global team of recruiting professionals ready to work on new creative ideas and dynamic approach.
What's the role?
We are seeking an APAC Head of Campus Recruitment, to lead an outstanding team responsible for recruitment activities for our Financial Products, Global Data, Customer Support and all our Early Engagement programs. Reporting to the Global Head of Entry Recruitment, leading a team of recruiters and coordinators for the entire APAC region.
We'll trust you to use your ideas, curiosity and market knowledge to set and execute innovative recruiting strategies, culminating in a driven and extraordinary candidate experience for some of our most important talent at Bloomberg. In alignment with our Diversity strategy, an important objective of this role will be to ensure we are attracting, engaging and retaining diverse talent. You will be part of a strong global leadership team, collaborating on global initiatives and the global campus recruitment strategy.
On a day to day basis you are a player-coach, developing our recruiters to deliver against aggressive targets whom you will inspire with confidence in your vision and plan. You'll build extraordinary advisory relationships with our key business leaders - on a Global and Regional level - to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to present the best skilled candidates. Possess deep, specialized knowledge and expertise, and work independently on a self-directed basis, initiate and cultivate new insights and drive excellence in our recruiting processes. Engage across industries and external networks, stay relevant and adjust strategies in a changing environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Challenge the status quo to develop and drive proactive entry level recruitment strategies for future business needs
- Lead through the evolution of the virtual recruitment strategy whilst also navigating and driving the recruitment approach through our return to office plans
- Run the full recruitment life-cycle; partner with hiring managers, alongside your recruitment team, to workforce plan, establish a clear strategy to meet objectives and actively recruit top talent
- Engage in workforce planning, HR business planning and forecasting as well as establish and supervise retention metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of hiring processes and approach
- Operate as a player–coach within the recruiting team, guiding them to navigate critical business challenges and opportunities, and ensure delivery to the business
- Engage and retain top talent within your own team. Implement initiatives to champion an inspiring culture, where continuous improvement and change is the norm
- Strong partnership with the broader HR Team, including Business Partners, Diversity, Talent Development and Recruiting Operations
- Collaborate with the Team to devise and implement a clear recruitment diversity strategy to ensure attraction and hiring of top diverse talent
- Partner with external academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance recruitment strategy
- Lead key projects and initiatives, both regionally and globally, to drive the execution of long-term strategic recruitment efforts
- Ensure a smooth, smart, innovative and engaging recruiting process to establish an outstanding candidate experience.
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction, working with the Marketing team to develop all recruiting branding materials.
- Leverage and analyze data to improve our systems and processes as well as our recruitment strategy
- Refine and increase the quality of search delivery, stay abreast of market trends affecting our businesses as well as employment trends
- Handle budget across campus spend, events, sponsorships and marketing
Who you are:
You are an inspirational and energetic member of the team with solid leadership experience, who believes that talent is critical to the success of the business. You thrive in a constantly evolving environment, are curious and have the vision to develop strategies to attract and hire the best talent.
You’ll need to have:
- Significant hands-on recruiting experience, either as a direct recruiter or as an active business representative
- Strong management experience with a successful track record of working independently and leading teams across multiple locations
- Experience in identifying priorities for different locations. Outlining outreach and strategies for specific country needs and opportunities.
- Critical thinking and able to execute on global assignments and make decisions independently with limited information.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects through strong project management and resolution skills
- Exceptional relationship management and strong commercial sense with a consultative approach
- Outstanding people manager skills and the ability to influence within a matrix organization with changing demands.
- Experience with data analysis, reporting and HR technologies
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced culture, remain calm under urgency, and have a flexible approach.
- Flexibility to travel frequently (this will be required to all our local and global offices)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match - we'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.