Are you one of those people who values diversity of thought and perspective? Do you feel passionately about working in an environment that encourages collaboration, and allows you to seek out diverse points of view to be most effective? Do you consider yourself to be brave in the face of the status quo to help drive change? If you answered yes to all of these, this may be the JOB for you! You understand that partnering with business leaders to encourage a more diverse organization takes a lot of work, and you’re excited for that challenge. You know the importance of strategic investment with key organizations who will help Bloomberg to find the best and brightest diverse talent. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive Bloomberg workforce, person by person and team by team.
We’re Diversity and Inclusion at Bloomberg. We’re thought-leaders and change-agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business partners and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent. We ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to encourage an inclusive workplace.
What’s In It For You:
Bloomberg's Human Resources team is looking for a Diversity & Inclusion Leader base in Hong Kong to help advance the company’s global D&I initiatives across the Asia Pacific region, and to serve as a thought partner and leader on the strategy and vision for diversity and inclusion in the business. We’re seeking a creative and ambitious individual who can help to design, drive and deliver strategic D&I initiatives.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Co-develop the strategy and vision for D&I in the Asia Pacific region, providing guidance and consultation to HR partners, business leaders, managers, and employees
- Provide oversight and support for select Bloomberg Communities (employee networks)
- Formulate and execute innovative and customized enterprise-wide or department-specific diversity strategies and tactics that result in driving action and change in the organization
- Design and deliver cross-cultural and diversity presentations, workshops, and learning modules
- Analyze employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers, and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives
- Provide consultation in designing and implementing global company-wide policy changes to ensure diversity, equity, and respect for all employees
- Partner with senior business leaders to integrate diversity and inclusion practices into business, employment and workplace practices
- Provide technical assistance, advice, coaching, and consultation to individuals and groups regarding cross-cultural conflicts and disputes, as well as policies and practices that might have an adverse impact on a particular group(s)
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory and policy developments affecting areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with HR team members to help integrate diversity and inclusion across all HR functions, working closely with the HR business partners and teams to improve our organization’s environment
- Conduct on-going research on demographic trends and best practices, identifying and recommending strategies for enhancing diversity and inclusion efforts
- Work closely with the recruiting team and HR Business Partners to develop innovative diversity recruiting strategies and programs
- Analyze data and research current and future D&I needs and trends in organizational diversity metrics
- Represent D&I and Bloomberg overall through internal and external speaking events
- Manage multiple projects, driving successful outcomes
You need to be able to:
Drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with a strong client relationship focus and outstanding critical thinking and communication skills. In addition, you have strong subject matter expertise, are attentive to detail with excellent prioritization skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
In addition, you need to be able to:
- Work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse workforce while managing relationships across the organization at all levels
- Provide leadership in organizational change
- Influence and partner with business leaders to assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate diversity strategy that aligns with business initiatives
- Implement complex work plans with minimal supervision
- Provide innovative, solutions-focused ideas, with the ability to turn those ideas into action
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in business or HR-related program
- 5-7 years of experience in diversity and inclusion, HR or business ideally with a portion of that in a regional and/or leadership role within Human Resources
- Understanding of cross-cultural, international, and diversity communication theories
- Exceptional communication, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyses into meaningful recommendations
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Power Point and Excel
We’d love to see:
- Experience with supplier diversity programs
- Experience with diversity recruiting programs
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status