You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights. Your friends all know you as someone with a true interest in technology, who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe.
We look to them to drive discussions on how our data should be managed, and how to make it as valuable as possible to our customers. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- all this while providing platinum support to our customers.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?:
- Comprehensive on-the-job training giving you a detailed understanding of our internal workflows, the breadth of our data coverage, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of one particular market sector (For example: Equities, Fixed Income, Economic Statistics etc.)
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree (upcoming or recent graduates- up to 3 years work experience)
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Business fluency in English
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Availability to start with us before September 2017
We'd love you to have:
- Programming-related knowledge and experience (VBA, SQL, Python, MATLAB, R)
- Interest in, and knowledge or experience of the financial markets
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering
- Fluency in an Asian language
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Please note that we are looking for candidates who are able to start with us before September 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.