Bloomberg runs on data, and if you feel driven in the same way, this may be the role for you. In our Global Data team, you will be responsible for finding the data and supplying it to our clients. You'll be working alongside the world's leading independent provider of research to investors in renewable energy, biofuels, low-carbon technologies and the carbon markets- our very own Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) team.
If you're the type of person who can take raw numbers and turn them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers, have a natural eye for detail and like nothing more than spotting ways to improve a process, we would love to see your application. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people, thrive in a team environment and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process energy data using various internal systems
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Come up with innovative ways to improve our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
- Work closely with the Bloomberg New Energy Finance team to help them deliver consolidated, actionable data and reports to our customers
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive training giving you a thorough overview of energy data, the BNEF product, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience in the current, exciting area of renewable energy
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Business fluency in English
- Positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Prior experience in data research and management
We'd love you to have:
- Programming-related knowledge and experience (Python, VBA, HTML, Java, R)
- A good knowledge of the energy industry, and a keen interest in the drivers behind clean energy solutions and financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.