Renewable Energy Analyst - Australia
Posted Sep 4, 2018 - Requisition No. 70136
You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to be able to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are second to none, and your colleagues know you as someone who is able to deeply analyse complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Australian research team based in Sydney. Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities. With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies. Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact .
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on the Australian energy market and clean energy industry
- Produce quantitative and qualitative research on the sector; including policy developments, technology trends, changing business models and key player strategies
- Generate short and long-term forecasts
- Engage with clients and industry figures to build a reputation for your valuable commentary and analysis of the sector.
- Contribute to the development of the business
- Present at conferences, events and client meetings
You'll need to be able to:
- Analyse complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Communicate to an exceptionally high level (both written and verbal)
- Form original opinions, graphically present data and write clearly and concisely in English
- Work hard on parallel tasks, be highly organized and have rigorous attention to detail
- Demonstrate exceptional, well-practiced quantitative skills
- Work in a global team with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures
You'll need to have:
- 3 or more years of experience in an analytical or strategic role within the energy industry
- Strong knowledge or demonstrated interest in the energy industry
We'd love to see:
- Relevant academic or professional experience in sciences, engineering or economics
- Experience as an analyst within the energy industry, investment banking or management consulting
- Knowledge of energy economics, renewable energy and Australian electricity markets
Does this sound like you?
If so, apply today. If we believe you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
Please upload your academic transcript in your application, applications without academic transcript will not be considered.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia as Bloomberg is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.