Sales Associate – BloombergNEF, Sydney
Posted Mar 4, 2020 - Requisition No. 81706
What's the role?
Are you one of those people who have a passion for the energy or transport sectors, and you want to be at the forefront of these exciting industries? You build relationships quickly and effortlessly, and have a real desire to drive the growth of our business. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. Teamwork is important to you, and you have a passion for providing platinum customer service. If so, join the BloombergNEF (BNEF) team based in the Sydney office. We are the world’s leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the low carbon transition. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across these sectors.
We’ll trust you to:
- Source new business opportunities and identify leads for BNEF services across energy, technology and financial industries in Australia and New Zealand
- Manage, renew and up-grade a book of clients
- Assist your colleagues by helping to book meetings and calls with senior decision makers
- Act as an initial point of contact for incoming sales leads
- Respond to client requests promptly and thoroughly
- Help to maintain accurate customer and sales information in our internal systems
- Assist in the preparation of major commercial activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences
- Coordinate and manage the logistics of client events
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive training on BNEF products and services
- Gain exposure to and interact with major players in energy, transport, finance and government
- Real potential for exciting and varied career progression
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in providing business development support
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to work effectively on a close-knit and collaborative team
- Knowledge and/or interest in the energy and transport sectors
- Proven ability to manage several tasks at the same time, with a rigorous attention to detail
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, initiative and an ability to face challenges with a mature and professional manner
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience of working in a sales / business development environment
- In-depth knowledge of the energy or transport industries
BloombergNEF is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities. With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies. Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact .
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.