Senior Digital Producer, APAC - Sydney
Posted Jan 18, 2024 - Requisition No. 122665
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to New Economy Forum.
Bloomberg Digital is expanding its web offerings and looking for an experienced digital producer to work across multiple platforms. It's a fast-paced, collaborative role that is directly plugged into the newsroom. You'll be tasked with ensuring that reporting, imagery, and design are optimized for clarity and impact. The ideal candidate will bring an excitement for news and rigorous attention to detail to the team – you’re someone that is comfortable juggling multiple projects at once while suggesting improvements to both our tools and user experience. The producer will work with editors, reporters, designers, and developers around the Bloomberg newsroom.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use multiple web publishing tools to build, optimize, and curate daily digital content coming from across the globe.
- Follow stories from pitch to publish, working with everyone who touches the editorial process.
- Have an understanding and excitement for financial news, politics and general news
- Oversee feature builds and special projects, including preparing and reviewing high-priority features for the weekend.
- Deliver your best work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom, balancing multiple projects at a time.
- Uphold editorial standards and coordinate with Bloomberg’s Standards and Legal teams as needed.
- Function as liaison between Digital team and internal customers.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a digital and editorial environment.
- Excellent editorial and news judgement. You’ll know what makes a great story, how to workshop an idea with potential, and when to say no.
- Visual design skills with an understanding of layout, typography and user experience across multiple platforms.
- Expertise in the Adobe design suite and ideally Figma, with a diverse portfolio of visual assets produced for digital distribution.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills. You'll need to be flexible and calm while problem-solving under deadline. Experience working across regions and timezones is essential.
- Proven history of working independently and leading on projects in a complex newsroom environment.
- Experience and expertise in web publishing technologies, from fluency with HTML and CSS markup to troubleshooting problems in modern content management systems.
- A thorough understanding of web best practices, including SEO, cross browser testing, and accessibility standards.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Sydney | www.bloomberg.com/australia
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.