Supply Chain & Warehouse Operation - Sydney
Posted Apr 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74592
What's the role?
We are looking for a creative and motivated professional to join Bloomberg’s Supply Chain team in Sydney, Australia. In partnership with our Supply Chain team across Asia Pacific, various functions within Supply Chain, as well as our stakeholders within the organization, you will be responsible for running all aspects of Supply Chain Operations to provide the highest quality customer service to both our external clients, internal clients, and our internal stakeholders. Some of the activities include: warehouse/inventory management, production management, vendor management, customer engagement, and process/cost improvement. You will also be expected to find areas of opportunity for efficiency and implement change.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide effective operational oversight in Australia and New Zealand. This includes vendor management and driving for improvements
- Understand the day to day operations varying from Warehouse/Inventory management, Production management, Office Services, Logistics (international, domestic, and last mile delivery), and Customer site management.
- Use data analysis to actively identify new and innovative ways to improve the efficiency of our operation upholding our high standards
- Develop and maintain strong customer service to our external clients, our internal clients, and our stakeholders
- Develop and implement new strategies for distribution and operational management
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues in other areas parts of the country and business to identify operational synergies/alignment and cross-functional opportunities
You’ll need to be:
- Self-Motivated and autonomous: You love to work well in a team environment; you're able to focus on the solution and deliver results even when faced with set-backs
- Clear Communicator: You deliver clear, concise and structured presentations where you understand your audience and convey the appropriate amount of information
- Excellent Collaborator and Negotiator: You build good relationships with key partners and negotiate the scope of a project for a win-win outcome; you know how to identify cross departmental opportunities
- Highly Creative and Innovative: You're able to think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and ask the right questions to drive value for the business. You see different approaches to a problem and anticipate future risk and challenges with potential solutions. You can challenge status quo with a curious and creative mindset and visionary ideas
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 4-6 years Supply Chain Operation/Management experience or relevant field
- Experience in maintaining relationships with multiple cross functional teams
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience in SAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime further information around our Supply Chain Operations can be found here - https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/blog/exactly-supply-chain/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.