Virtual Event Support Strategist - Sydney (1 Year Contract)
Posted Jan 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 88346
Bloomberg is where data, people and ideas intersect. Data fuels global financial markets, informs important decisions, and is central to everything we do. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for.
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize opportunities and create impactful, innovative solutions. We deliver integrated and disruptive multi-disciplinary programs that capture attention and drive reactions. We use our wealth of data on the markets and our target audiences to inform decisions linked to measurable results.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal stakeholders globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
Bloomberg is looking for a virtual event support strategist to join the Global Event Team. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for managing the technical success of Bloomberg’s virtual events from both an operational and strategy perspective. In this role, the candidate will make creative and strategic suggestions to enhance Bloomberg’s virtual events. Reporting to the Head of Event Technology, this role will support events across all of Bloomberg’s business verticals and will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Bloomberg’s event technology program.
This role requires an organized, detailed-oriented individual with a passion for technology and proven customer service acumen. Working across multiple events simultaneously, the candidate should have strong, in-the-moment problem solving skills with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate should be able to look at engagement holistically (across virtual, digital, social, and live/physical events) and successfully integrate them into a virtual environment.
We will trust you to:
- Implement a holistic virtual event engagement strategy that looks across virtual, digital, social and in-person events.
- Make creative and strategic suggestions to enhance virtual events (beyond platform management and event execution)
- Be proficient in the virtual event landscape, aware of current trends, vendors and best practices for delivering virtual events.
- Serve as a subject matter expert across Bloomberg’s core group of virtual event platforms.
- When necessary, provide full end-to-end technical support for virtual events in collaboration with the Virtual Event Support Technician.
- Drive customer satisfaction through confident and knowledgeable customer service interactions.
- Communicate with the global event technology team to identify any recurring issues and inform product enhancements and best practices.
- Work closely with the Event Manager to provide audio-visual support for both virtual and hybrid events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders such as A/V, Facilities, Information Systems, Design team, etc.
- Actively participate and contribute in strategy meetings to shape the evolution of the virtual event program.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in web streaming, videoconferencing and virtual event/AV production.
- Proven experience in end-to-end virtual event production (including layout, features, and design of the event)
- Firsthand experience and technical knowledge of:
* Intrado (additional platform experience a strong plus)
* Live encoding applications (vMix, Wirecast, OBS, FMLE, etc)
* Video best practices (bitrate, frame size, frame rate, etc)
* Online video delivery protocols (RTMP, WebRTC, UDP/TCP)
- Strong technical skills and some knowledge of HTML and/or CSS
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders to provide topline, best-in-class support services.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done. Ensuring every component of an event has a fallback option should an issue arise.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large, fast-paced, and unpredictable environment.
- Capacity to manage multiple events at the same time, pivoting quickly as priorities shift.
- Tech savvy: You always have your finger pulse of latest technology & competitive trends.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.