Workflow Specialist - Fixed Income & Risk - Sydney
Posted Oct 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 71592
What's the role?
The Workflow Specialist team within Enterprise Sales serves as the market & workflow experts at Bloomberg. The team is highly skilled on asset class knowledge, deep understanding of trading workflows and Bloomberg's product offerings. This is a client facing role, collaborating closely with various departments across Sales, Product, Data, Electronic Trading, Risk and Order Management sales teams to build and execute on strategies to drive sales revenue. Engagement with key financial players and regulatory bodies are vital in this role.
We'll trust you to:
- Build and execute on strategies with Sales to generate and drive revenue across our Enterprise products.
- Build influential relationships with senior level contacts and market decision-makers.
- Provide actionable feedback on the latest trends, regulations, and market practices to help shape future product development and sales strategies.
- Market the product by speaking at external events and industry conferences; organize and deliver seminars, webinars and audio-visual presentations; write content for Bloomberg on-line and printed publications.
- Further the knowledge of our sales-force by designing and delivering customized training.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable expertise and extensive experience in fixed incomes (10+ years) across different financial instruments AND / OR exposure to Market risk
- Ability to drive a pro-active strategy and have good communication skills.
- Strong training skills and ability to adjust/switch between articulating complex financial concepts to user base with very wide range of level of understanding of Financial Markets.
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
We’d love to see:
- Practical experience using Bloomberg's pricing tools, Risk (MARS) and order management products (TOMS or AIM), or similar systems.
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Willingness to travel
If this sounds like you:
Please apply! We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status