Chinese Language Markets Reporter - Taipei
Posted Oct 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 96124
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced reporter for its Chinese-language news service in Taiwan. Based in Taipei, you will join a team that tracks government bonds, currencies and money markets across Greater China. In this role, you'll mainly be responsible for covering Taiwan bond and FX markets, writing smart analysis and breaking news.
The role involves cultivating sources and digging into financial data to break news -- and using your story-telling skills to help Bloomberg users understand Taiwan markets. The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of different asset classes in Taiwan and be able to work closely with teammates, editors and English-language colleagues.
We'll trust you to:
- Closely track market conditions and exercise solid news judgement in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Build sources at banks, securities firms, underwriters, insurers and central bank in order to deliver scoops, especially on FX policies and regulatory changes
- Write with authority and insight about risks and opportunities in Taiwan markets
- Communicate and collaborate across bureaus and teams
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent financial journalism experience
- Experience in a real-time news environment
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Fluency in Chinese, Both written and spoken
- The ability to communicate in English
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Taiwan's economy and financial markets as well as the dynamics that move these assets
- Outstanding story-telling skills and keen attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and the ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime feel free to have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.