FX Reporter - Chinese Language - Taipei
Posted Feb 4, 2020 - Requisition No. 81146
We’re seeking a reporter for our Taipei office to cover the Taiwan Dollar spot and derivatives markets. In this role, you’ll be responsible for producing daily Chinese-language TWD reports in real-time, reporting on the local currency’s spot, forwards and swap markets, explaining the events and issues that impact them, and writing smart analysis and breaking news on FX policies. As a member of the markets team, you may be occasionally called upon to cover other assets such as local bonds, stock and money markets. Additionally, you will on occasion help to cover the local economy, the central bank and major news events in Taiwan.
You'll be expected to have a solid knowledge and understanding of Taiwan's economy and financial markets as well as the dynamics that move these assets. Extensive contacts with the investors, traders and policy makers whose decisions and opinions drive asset prices would be a plus.
You will be part of our Chinese-language news service, which has reporters, editors and translators in Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai as well as in other major global financial hubs. You will also be expected to work closely with your counterparts across the newsroom, including reporters and editors working in English, to present Taiwan market insights to our global audience. The ability to communicate in English will therefore be an asset.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Taiwan's economy and financial markets as well as the dynamics that move these assets
- At least 1-2 years of prior experience of writing market-related news stories or research report
- Strong work ethic, team player, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit, strong drive to go well and beyond, to innovate and to experiment
- Keen curiosity to changes in the broader market place, and eagerness to reach out to market players and stake holders for information
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and concise stories under tight deadlines
- Generate stories suitable for both local and global audiences covering both fast-paced intraday market moves in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the "what happened" but also on the "why" and "so what"
- Tap Bloomberg's rich data and analytics to access original material for technical charts and stories
- Continue to expand sources and contacts with key newsmakers to stay on top of policy and market changes
- Collaborate with reporters across the newsroom and markets teams
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.