Taiwan/Hong Kong Economist - Taipei
Posted Apr 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 115368
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
With nearly 30 economists and 100 economics reporters worldwide, Bloomberg has an outstanding capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it might be heading.
Bloomberg Economics offers a macroeconomic research service for Terminal subscribers. That includes detailed forecasts, supported by meticulous and original thematic research. The economists also produce previews of data releases and economic events, analysis of the numbers as they break. The goal is to offer Bloomberg clients a deeper insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
We are looking for an economist covering Taiwan and Hong Kong to join our research team, further strengthening our Greater China coverage and playing a part in Asia and global projects.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce insightful research, comprehensive economic forecasts and speedy analysis of data releases and central bank meetings for Taiwan and Hong Kong economies
- Advance our capacity to deploy groundbreaking economic modeling to understand what's going on in Greater China
- Collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes to news stories and from time to time working with economics reporters.
- Appear at conferences, on television, in print media as well as meeting with clients
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience as an Economist doing economic forecast analysis
- Experience working on Taiwan’s and Hong Kong’s economic data, monetary and fiscal policies and long-term structural challenges
- A graduate degree in economics, a master or PhD
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- The energy and the initiative needed to provide a consistent flow of analysis.
- The ability to generate good content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer-term collaborative research into major global economic trends
- Strong econometrics skills
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.