You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Your friends all know you as the one who has a true interest in technology, and who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive 2-week training program giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, various data sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of a particular market sector (For example: Equities, Fixed Income, Economic Statistics etc.) with the potential to experience multiple sectors
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in the financial industry
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Programming-related knowledge and/or experience (VBA, SQL, Python, MATLAB, R etc)
- Availability to start work with us in April 2018
We'd also love you to have:
- Interest in, and knowledge or experience of the financial markets
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.