2020 Market Data Analyst - Bilingual Japanese/English speaker
Posted Dec 28, 2018 - Requisition No. 72690
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Your friends all know you as the one who has a true interest in technology, and who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal—the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes—and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using Bloomberg’s internal systems and proprietary company software
- Constantly be looking for ways to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely – coming up with creative solutions and improvement ideas which leverage technology and other channels
- Deliver on projects which require you to collaborate closely with colleagues across various time-zones– adhering to tight deadlines, and juggling multiple priorities
- Partner with other Bloomberg departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering to continually identify and develop business solutions for our clients
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive 2-week training program giving you a fundamental overview of financial concepts, our usage of technology in Global Data, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of a particular market sector (eg. Equities, Fixed Income, Economic Statistics etc.), with the potential to expand such experience and knowledge to other areas
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in the financial industry
- A true focus on learning and development – you will have access to a rich library of learning resources, professional skills workshops and training materials
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- A positive personality with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to identify patterns and trends from data, and to find connections between key pieces of information
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Project management and organisational skills
- Strong passion and drive to challenge the status quo
- Capacity and desire to learn new concepts and skills, take on challenges and respond positively to change
- Business level proficiency in Japanese and English
- Availability to start work with us in 2020 April or August
We'd also love you to have:
- Interest in, and knowledge or experience of the financial markets
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering
- Programming-related knowledge and/or experience (ideally VBA, SQL, Python or other object-oriented programming languages)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! One of our recruiters will review your application and qualifications, and we will be in touch regarding next steps. To learn more about our company and culture, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg”.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.