2024 BloombergNEF Summer Internship, Tokyo
Posted Jan 10, 2024 - Requisition No. 122521
You will be based in our Tokyo office as part of the Asia Pacific research team, for BloombergNEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of over 21,000 employees in 159 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact/.
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our research team in Tokyo for a 10 week summer internship. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis relating to the transition towards a low-carbon economy, working alongside our specialists in energy, commodities, transport and industry.
The summer internship program consists of:
- Conduct research on topics such as power markets, renewable energy, electric vehicles, energy storage, and hydrogen.
- Perform a variety of analyses such as market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Publish written research on topics covered
To apply for this internship role, you'll need:
- To be in your penultimate year and currently pursuing a degree qualification
- You will need to be available for the full duration for our 10-week summer internship between June ~ September, 2024
- A demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for energy, commodities or low-carbon industries through academic course or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities
- Understanding and experience in quantitative problem solving or analysis
- Exposure to market research and the ability to derive information from public sources through in-person / telephone interviews
- Business level proficiency and fluency in English
- Business level proficiency in Japanese for reading and speaking to conduct research (for comprehending government policy documents, company press releases as well as speaking with project developers)
- Working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
We’d love to see:
- An understanding of policy, transport and/or environmental markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.