2024 Data Specialist - Bilingual Japanese/English speaker - Japan
Posted May 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 103368
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll trust you to:
- Extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products such by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Utilise subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Business proficiency and fluency in English and Japanese.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly (both written and oral).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills
- Interest and/or experience in client and stakeholder management
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Adaptability in a frequently changing environment
- Ability to think creatively and provide out of the box solutions
- A demonstrated interest in financial markets and /or data technology along with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- A master’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Solid understanding of VBA and/or SQL
Does this sound like you:
This is an entry level role, apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.2022 Data Specialist
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org."