2024 Enterprise Technology Services (ETEC) Internship, Tokyo
Posted Jan 11, 2024 - Requisition No. 122549
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about technology and offering excellent experience to our clients. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and is willing to tackle new challenges and thrives with change. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
Within Enterprise Technology, we help firms handle complexity. Providing common tools, services, and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology management. This ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market, and improved transparency. With our record of accomplishment in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of Capital Markets, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with integration challenges.
As an Enterprise Technology Service Representative, you are vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products. You will join our tight-knit team, providing technical application, connectivity, and integration support / escalation.
You will be a trusted authority for fixing, resolving, and “owning” issues impacting our clients directly. You will be handling inquiries supporting a variety of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) workflows between Bloomberg and client systems. You will interact with clients who code against various Bloomberg specifications as well as handling connectivity, application, and integration inquiries via multiple methodologies, including FIX, MQ, XML, SFTP, Web APIs, Splunk, Humio, Grafana.
We will trust you to:
- Analyze and tackle issues related to our enterprise product suite and examine their root cause and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal partners across functions
- Work closely with our clients and our internal product, trade-desk, and engineering groups to facilitate speedy resolution to issues
- Provide an outstanding level of production support to our client base
- Demonstrate proactivity and ownership of client reported issues and outreach projects
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues, partnering with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented following standard methodologies
Completing our 2024 Summer Internship program is an integral and important part of the assessment process for the 2025 Graduate Program.
During the summer internship program:
- You will be asked to establish and develop trusted relationships with a subset of clients and provide technical application support and integration assistance to those customers. Ensuring their connections and workflows are reliable and stable will be your main objective.
- You will be given a Data Analytics project to develop QSEN dashboards to help identify key clients, product and infrastructure trends to support decision making across the service organization.
- You will learn about Blomberg’s Enterprise Buy Side & Sell Side technical workflows in a multi-asset environment.
To apply for this internship role, you'll need:
- To be a current penultimate year tertiary student (exp grad between Nov 2024-Sep 2025), who will be available for a 6 week summer internship from 5 August, 2024, and will be available to start their full-time employment with us in 2025.
- Doing an undergraduate (or above) course in combined studies in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics or related business and STEM field, or related experience
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Python or SQL, as demonstrated through school projects or work experience (for Data Analytics work)
- A demonstrated understanding and interest of the financial markets, and financial asset classes/ products through school projects or work experience
- A customer service and solution-focused experience with a high degree of interpersonal skills to deal exceptionally with internal/external client’s needs
- A demonstrable history of solving sophisticated problems with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical attitude
- A demonstrable interest and aptitude in technology with a basic understanding of connectivity and automation
- A positive attitude and an eagerness to collaborate with teams across regions
- Business level proficiency and fluency in Japanese and English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to clients, business partners, and stakeholders
We would love to see:
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting networks/connectivity/messaging, with experience in one or more of the following: FIX, MQ, TCPIP, API
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- Demonstrable understanding and interest in learning FIX and/or Web API, the industry standard of message protocols
- Experience using Data Analytics, visualization tools such as such as Qlik Sense or Tableau or PowerBI
We hire on a rolling basis and applications will be processed in multiple rounds. The first deadline of application is on 29 February 2024.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.