Advertising Director - Japan
Posted Nov 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 111930
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Advertising Director – Japan is responsible for leading conversations in Japan across key established and growth verticals, focused beyond media sales at a full range of services from strategy to creative, content, communications and in-market activations. Based out of the Bloomberg Tokyo Office, the Advertising Director nurtures and grows the Bloomberg share of business from existing relationships and develops new business within the markets.
We will trust you to:
- Present compelling pitches and proposals to deliver the sales revenue target set for Japan
- Deliver the sales revenue target with compelling pitches and proposals
- Identity prospects within Japan to develop new business relationships and opportunities
- Manage relationships and sales activity with key clients / agencies, coordinating multiple resources to close sales and deliver campaigns
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with client and agency senior management and through all levels in these organisations to maximise revenue opportunities and position Bloomberg as preferred advertising partner
- Work cross-functionally with Editorial, Strategy, Creative, Data Science and Insight, Media Planning, and Events, among others
- Engage with colleagues in international offices to exchange ideas, share information and update account information
- Provide regular sales updates and forecasts to your Line Manager on current revenue and sales pipeline - using Salesforce on a daily basis as a CRM tool
- Develop a strong relationship with our existing partners for the Bloomberg business in the market and manage these key client relationships to achieve the best results for the business
- Develop new ideas and uncover market intelligence across the region for Bloomberg Media sales and stakeholders
- 8+ years international ad sales experience in print/digital/TV/social/event
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Specific B2B experience in a direct sales revenue generating role
- Direct experience in liaising with, and managing, media agencies and clients
- Experience in presenting and pitching strategic sales proposals to senior external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and proven experience managing multiple assignments under various deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of the media industry and a self-starting well rounded approach
- Well-developed consultative selling skills and the ability to build relationships with key contacts in client and agency organisations are also critical capabilities
- A strong track record of new business development at the client level
- Ability to effectively multi task, account manage, strategise and develop business
- Great communication skills in Japanese, a pro-active and entrepreneurial mindset
- Collaboration mindset and being able to work well in teams across borders
You’ll need to have:
We would love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.