You’re one of those people who have a passion for the energy sector, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original insights, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are second to none, and your colleagues know you as someone who is able to deeply analyse complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Tokyo office, working as part of our very own Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) team- the world’s leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
We’ll trust you to:
- Produce quantitative and qualitative research on the economics of different power generation technologies and new business models in Japan
- Help our customers truly get to grips with the changing landscape of Japan’s energy market
- Engage with clients and industry figures every single day
- Contribute to the development of the business
- Present at conferences and events
You’ll need to be able to:
- Analyse complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Communicate to a high level in Japanese and English (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate excellent, well-practised quantitative skills
- Form creative opinions, graphically present data and write clearly and concisely
- Juggle multiple parallel tasks, be highly organised and have rigorous attention to detail
- Collaborate in global team with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures
You’ll need to have:
- Business-level fluency in Japanese and English
- Graduate degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical or strategic role
- Strong knowledge or demonstrated interest in the energy industry
We’d love to see:
- Experience as an analyst within the energy industry, investment banking or management consulting
- Knowledge of the economics of renewable energy, natural gas/LNG, energy storage markets and new technologies
- Prior exposure to and general interest in business development and sales work
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe that you’re a good match we’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.