Analytics - Advanced Specialist, Equities - Tokyo
Posted Nov 6, 2018 - Requisition No. 71779
We are a group of highly technical individuals who provide hi-level support for Bloomberg’s clients, working alongside Enterprise Sales and Product to influence client usage patterns, ensure accurate responses to technical inquiries, capture feedback, mentor and educate new employees and develop them into future specialists with deep product knowledge.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in the local Equity market so that you can contribute to the improvement of our product suites through the interaction with our customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Address complex client questions and be responsible for providing the best possible user experience for our Bloomberg Terminal clients via our live IB chat, email, and call.
- Work closely with Sales and Product to ensure high-revenue deals in the Equity space are closed, by handling technical aspects of the sales process
- Collaborate with sales for local product engagements and Sales/Retention strategies
- Participating in region wide usage campaigns across a wide range of clients to cement our existing customer base and create opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell
- Build and manage relationships with Bloomberg’s community by visiting and training them
- Become a subject matter expert in Bloomberg’s Equities solutions and be the focal contact point for both internal partners and clients.
- Collect and act upon client product feedback to drive its development
- Attend product release calls to quickly learn and teach the new products to your colleagues and clients
- Build and maintain documentation and training content to be used by clients externally as well as colleagues internally
- Continuously increase product knowledge and relevant skillsets to be aligned with business goals
- Conduct training for new hires in Asia on basic market concepts and related Bloomberg functionality as well as develop more Advanced Specialists in the region
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a technical, client facing role
- A deep understanding of the Japan equities market and the ability to teach the knowledge effectively to your peers with less experience in the subject matter
- Fluency in Japanese
- A good understanding of Financial institutions’ workflow and be able to use that knowledge to identify potential business opportunities.
- Willingness to learn complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with our clients
- Excellent understanding of customer service and experience in building strong customer relationships
- Confident communication skills and able to present to both small and large groups, internally and externally
We’d love to see:
- Prior front-office market experience
- Prior Mid/Back-office exposure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.