Bloomberg Intelligence - Editor
Posted Apr 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 74436
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of industries and their constituents, unsurpassed in depth and breadth at the company, sector, industry, credit and strategic levels. BI’s independent experts offer written analysis, industry data and interactive charting. Our work gives trading and investment professionals deep insight into crucial industries and what they might expect.
What's the role?
You're an experienced Japanese language editor who thrives under real-time deadline pressure. You will edit research that is creative and insightful while accessible to the general reader. You have an ability to translate jargon and complex discussions into clear language.
We'll trust you to:
- Edit and publish research under deadline pressure
- Enforce style and compliance standards
- Collaborate with analysts to improve their research, in addition to standard editorial tasks such as tightening writing, crafting titles and conducting spot checks for accuracy
- Work with a variety of teams within the company when needed
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive editing experience in the finance industry or at a financial news media outlet
- Knowledge of equity research communication formats (particularly written communication) or financial news experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in Japanese and English
- Experience working with analysts or with financial journalists
- An ability to work in a team environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience working under real-time deadline pressure, particularly at a financial news wire
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg Professional Service
- Familiarity with the equity markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know about the next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.