Bloomberg Intelligence - Equity Research Analyst, Japan Retail Sector
Posted Sep 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 95914
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis on 135 industries and 2,000 companies, industry data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of an expanding team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring equity research within the Japanese retail sector. You are entrusted to deliver high quality and timely content while also growing our data offering.
We'll trust you to:
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industries.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Collaborate with our global team of Bloomberg Intelligence analysts and strategists located in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, London and New York to coordinate and collaborate on analysis.
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Work with Global Data teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
You need to have:
- A minimum of 8 years of equity research experience, specializing in the retail sector in Japan.
- Sell-side Research Analyst experience preferred.
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills, primarily in Japanese.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills in Japanese and English.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor, advanced degrees, or equivalent experience.
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation is preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.