Bloomberg Intelligence - Research Analyst - Healthcare - Japan
Posted Jul 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 68382
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professionals foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
Who we are:
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this expanding team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies within the Healthcare sector, with a focus on Pan-Asia-based pharmaceutical, biotechnology and health care services. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, as well as company calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with our global team of analysts located in London, New York and Hong Kong to coordinate and collaborate on analysis
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industries.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Legal, Government, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis.
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments and external market professionals.
You need to have:
- 5-7 years of equity research experience, specialising in the Healthcare sectors.
- Sell-side or buy-side Research Analyst or related experience preferred.
- Pan-Asia Health Care coverage, with focus in pharmaceutical and biotechnology a plus
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills in native Japanese and fluent English
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organisation skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation is preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.