Bloomberg Intelligence: Research Analyst – Autos
Posted Feb 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 73660
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professionals’ foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
Who we are:
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving trading and investment professional’s deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this fast-growing team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies. We are looking for analysts with experience covering Automotive and Automotive Parts Manufacturing sectors in Japan. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, as well as company calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with our global team of analysts for located in Tokyo, Singapore, London, New York and Hong Kong to coordinate and collaborate on analysis
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industries
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Legal, Government, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies
- Build and maintain relationships with internal departments and external market professionals.
You'll need to have:
- 5-7 years of equity research experience in Japan, specialising in Automotive and Automotive Parts Manufacturing
- Sell-side or buy-side Research Analyst experience preferred.
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player
- Strong organisation skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Native Japanese and business level English
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation is preferred.
If this sounds like you: Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.