Bloomberg NEF Internship - Bilingual Japanese/English
Posted Jan 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 73006
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our Japan/Korea research team in Tokyo. The successful candidate will support our experts to produce regular research output.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on topics such as project finance on renewable energy and fossil fuel power plants
- Read and conduct basic analysis and evaluation of projects, companies and technologies
- Write research on topics covered
- Assist with quantitative analysis, market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting, and making reasonable estimates where data is poor and/or confusing
- Speak with industry figures and BNEF clients to gather information and opinions
We'll need you to:
- Commit full-time for 3 days/week for at least 10 weeks (start date negotiable)
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the renewable energy industry
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Written and spoken English and Japanese must be excellent.
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
We would love you to have:
- An understanding of renewable energy technology or policy
- A background in natural sciences, engineering, economics, or finance
- Korean language skills as a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! One of our recruiters will review your application and qualifications, and we will be in touch regarding next steps. To learn more about our company and culture, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg”.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.