BloombergNEF Japan Analyst
Posted May 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 116295
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. We help our clients gain a clear perspective on the trends in technology, finance, policy and economics that are driving transformation across the energy value chain. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. We help commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities. BNEF has 250 staff based in 19 offices across the globe.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Japan and Korea research team as an analyst based in Tokyo. You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy transition, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an outstanding ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds. You will be responsible for undertaking primary research and analysis on Japan's energy transition, producing written reports, presentations, tools and other products. You will also be answering client requests and supporting business development through client interactions in Japanese and English.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of integrity with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interests to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Help our customers truly get to grips with the landscape of energy transition in Japan
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
- Analyze complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Demonstrate excellent, well-practiced quantitative skills
- Form creative opinions, graphically present data and write clearly and concisely
- Balance multiple parallel tasks, be highly organized and have rigorous attention to detail
You'll need to have:
- Strong knowledge or demonstrated interest in the energy industry
- University degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline
- Communication skills in English and Japanese: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
We'd love to see:
- Internship and/or work experience (1~3 years) in the energy, commodities, finance industries
- Knowledge of energy markets or decarbonization technologies and policies
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.