Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and creative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Broadcast Engineering Group supports live production for Television, Video, Radio, and digital platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,300 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
You are the type of person with a solid background in TV studio production, Broadcast/Airchain/Transmission systems. You are comfortable with flexible work hours, which includes being able to work early shift, work weekend and holidays.
We’ll trust you to:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimisation as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Monitor and maintain any equipment necessary for live broadcast and production operations- including ISDN, T1/E1, IP Network, signal processing and other systems.
- Be a creative problem solver and possess ability to communicate complex principles in non-technical or simple terms.
- Be enthusiastic, dynamic, and flexible in order to solve problems; On-Air, In Person, Telephone/Email Support, Control Room operations.
- Maintain expert knowledge and operational skill in digital audio production using in-house software-editing platforms.
- Currently utilised systems include Avid, Pro Tools, and Adobe.
- Update transmitter/shift logs
- Conduct tests and diagnostics evaluations.
- Execute checklists to discover equipment and/or system anomalies.
- Install new components and systems.
- Create and update engineering documents and diagrams.
- Maintain working knowledge of digital news broadcasting
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience as a TV broadcast engineer.
- Past hands on experience in supporting TV newsroom users. Strong problem solving experience, in a fast pace time sensitive live environment.
- Experience with broadcast and production equipment, including camera, video routers, audio/video codecs, intercom systems such as RTS or similar, studio prompter systems, Graphic system.
- Good understand of network- network typologies, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, switches and routers
- Knowledge on IT systems. PC and server class hardware. HP and IBM server and workstation knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in leading projects, communicating and co-ordinate with various vendors.
- Design broadcast system and create system diagrams using AutoCAD software would be a plus.
- Fluency in both Japanese and English
If this sounds like you:Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.