Cloud Solutions Architect - BQuant Enterprise - Tokyo
Posted Apr 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 115891
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets - and help them make faster, intelligent decisions.
Finance is changing, and fast; Jupyter and Python are becoming the de-facto toolset for financial professionals. We’re building a new product from scratch to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Customers will be able to deploy BQuant pre-configured on their own premises, or buy it as a service from Bloomberg which is hosted on cloud. Our mission for BQuant is to "democratize the industry by providing every participant with sophisticated quantitative tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds."
We’ll trust you to:
- Engage with customers to assess their needs and map out requirements for their BQuant integration
- Identify new opportunities - work with sales and product teams to explore potential use cases and business workflow optimization in cloud environments with BQuant
- Implement BQuant - work with account managers to successfully integrate our solution into customer environments and communicate status to relevant partners
- Provide post-sales support - establish long term relationships with customers and plan ahead for future opportunities to support their business growth
- Design solutions with BQuant at the center - develop a plan to incorporate BQuant's rich functionality for data analysis and machine learning into customers' existing cloud environments
- Manage product gaps - identify gaps between our product and clients' requirements and influence our product team to address these within the product development life cycle
- Develop prototypes - craft solutions with sales and product teams to address potential new use cases
- Japanese fluency to confidently handle complex technical conversations with domestic customers
- Demonstrated experience in a software delivery role, with a customer-focused approach
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud application deployments
- Demonstrated knowledge with at least one of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Proven ability to convert a cloud architecture design into a workable prototype
- Experience with Kubernetes application development
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or Golang
- Experience with Git-ops and Terraform
- Exposure to the financial markets
You’ll need to have:
We'd love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.