Company Financials - Industry Expert - Tokyo
Posted Feb 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 73502
Investors target Alpha - our data and analytical tools help them achieve it. At Bloomberg, we provide our customers with real-time information on all aspects of companies’ financial performance. Portfolio managers use this data to analyze profitability & assess the risk and return on their investments. Equity analysts use it to create valuation models, provide stock recommendations and assess the viability of investing in a company.
The Company Financials team forms an integral part of the Global Data department. We're responsible for improving and reporting fundamentals-related data content for the Bloomberg Terminal. We offer our clients a plethora of information – including as-reported and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, industry-specific data points, and Business Lines and Geographic Segmentation data.
As a key part of this team, working closely with an experienced group of Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) research analysts, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of special industry data for a portfolio of companies in the Asia-Pacific region.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain and improve the comprehensiveness of our fundamentals-related data content
- Maintain our record as having the best-in-class industry-specific data coverage, by identifying gaps and onboarding new datasets
- Actively contribute to the BI team's content, including charting and visual support for research
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on BI functionality and data content
- Actively monitor and interpret company and industry corporate actions and developments
- Manage multiple industry-specific projects simultaneously and ensure that deliverables are met
- Facilitate lines of communication between internal and external stakeholders to ensure data consistency and accuracy
- Identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement enhancements to our systems, processes and data
What’s in it for you?
- Gain in-depth hands-on experience in the Equity asset class
- Learn continuously from industry experts and work closely with key market players in finance and business
- Make a true business impact on our products and clients – our data moves markets!
- Real opportunity for exciting and varied career progression
You’ll need to have:
- At least 2 years' full-time experience in a data management role, ideally with expertise in company industry-specific datasets
- Bachelor's or/and Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Management
- Business fluency in English and Japanese
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles with a practical understanding of interpreting financial statements
- Project management experience with the ability to lead and influence multiple stakeholders while working to tight deadlines
- Well-practiced research and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present confidently to clients
- Demonstrated interest or knowledge in a specific industry (eg. Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, Energy or Financials), and an understanding of related key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- Ability to think critically with proven examples of having improved processes, systems or procedures
We'd love to see:
- CFA qualification – completed or in-progress
- Experience or knowledge in data management tools and workflows in a related role or function
- Experience or strong interest in financial modeling
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.