Connectivity & Integration Solutions - Sales Specialist - Tokyo
Posted Sep 1, 2018 - Requisition No. 64719
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS), we help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positions to help clients with this challenge.
What's the role?
Based in our Tokyo office you will be responsible for growing CIS sales in Japan into new and existing client accounts. You will build and manage a pipeline of opportunities, develop business proposals and pitch to prospective clients. You will use your network of industry contacts to raise Bloomberg CIS awareness. An important aspect of your role will entail collaborating with other Bloomberg business lines to promote complimentary Bloomberg solutions including CIS.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities by working with key client decision makers by leveraging your network of internal and external contacts
- Manage the sales lifecycle from prospecting to contract execution ensuring regular updates on pipeline of opportunities
- Pitch and demonstrate solutions to prospective clients
- Produce business proposals to outline CIS value proposition, and work closely with Sales Architects to validate CIS solution design
- Work closely with Legal teams on contract negotiation and execution
- Liaise with Product Development teams on feature enhancements by sharing information from the field
- Work closely with Marketing in leading sales initiatives, events and campaigns
- Work with Implementation and Relationship Management teams to ensure smooth transition into project delivery
- Continually develop market, company and product knowledge and stay abreast of new developments
You’ll need to have:
- Proven and demonstrable sales track record, preferably selling enterprise level technology solutions
- Knowledge of the capital markets and how they operate including key participants
- Ability to foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders of varying seniority, including ‘C’ level client executives
- An overall passion for information technology
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and results driven with a desire to succeed attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Bloomberg solutions is a plus
- Business Japanese language a must
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-gateway/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.