Content and Digital Business Development Lead, Japan
Posted Oct 23, 2020 - Requisition No. 86808
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy Forum to transforming our commercial model.
Bloomberg Media Distribution, a leading provider of news, photos, videos, live TV, data to publishers, broadcasters, OTT platforms, and companies in more than 130 countries, is seeking a Content and Digital Business Development Lead, Japan. This person will be responsible for leveraging our portfolio of multi-platform media assets to create new opportunities and revenue streams in Japan through licensing, business development and strategic partnerships.
The Content and Digital Business Development Lead for Japan will work with Bloomberg Media leadership as well as key members of other internal groups including Editorial, Digital, Finance and Consumer Marketing. Reporting to the Commercial Director, Asia-Pacific for Media Distribution, you are someone with a successful track record of monetizing media content and IP, a deep understanding of the evolving media ecosystem, and a strong network of media contacts in-market.
We'll trust you to:
- Source and develop strategic partnerships and licensing deals in Japan with a focus on our digital, video and streaming service assets
- Manage business development initiatives from end-to-end: strategic presentations, negotiation, contract drafting, roll out and GTM activities
- Manage Content Licensing, and Bloomberg TV affiliate relationships for Pay TV, OTT, VOD platforms in Japan, including negotiating proposals, amendments, account management, prospecting and growing distribution of Bloomberg content, TV and streaming services
- Provide constructive feedback to product, management, and operations for business process and product improvements
- Drive revenue through new opportunities, including digital out-of-home and AVOD
- Forecast pipeline and revenue in a consistent manner
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in digital media, and business development with a proven track record of building and growing media products and businesses across various formats and channels
- Keen understanding of the media industry in Japan, including knowledge of OTT, content, deal structures and best practices around monetization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Detail orientated; superior problem solving and organizational skills; and an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Fluency in Japanese language required; additional fluency in English language preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.